Skip to main content

About your Search

Search Results 0 to 6 of about 7 (some duplicates have been removed)
radiates the classroom. everyone enjoyed having her around. >> very important for us to be here to support the family and just have closure to this terrible event. >> jackie worked for the california public utilities commission for over 20 years which is one of the agencies investigating the explosion. so far there's been no public announcement about services for 81-year-old elizabeth torres. she's the fourth confirmed san bruno victim. pg&e has agreed to release the information just about everyone has been demanding since last week's san bruno pipeline blast. the utility had mapped its 100 most hazardous natural gas pipelines but it has been keeping that information secret. two federal agencies and the state public utilities commission have laid on the pressure and as abc 7's david louie reports it's working. >> the state public utilities commission sent this letter to pg&e specifically asking for its list of 100 most hazardous gas pipelines and their specific locations. that agency along with pg&e have been under pressure for a week by state a
't escape the fact of other homes where people were not so fortunate. >> used to be a house here. i used to look from there. have very nice deck. and now it's not there. >> reporter: it's gone. >> she and her husband and three daughter are finally home. the girls tried to coax the rabbit out of its cage but it's too terrified to come out. their hays was spared from the flames that consumed the three homes directly behind him. he says she has been frantic since her family escaped thursday night. >> my eyes, i left to hotel. it's like something mentally. i can't stay in one place. i want to move around. now probably get one hour and a half of sleep during the whole night. >> reporter: the family is waiting for pg&e to turn on their gas and power. she northeasts to -- needs to do laundry and get some sleep. >> reporter: are you going to sleep tonight? >> i cannot wait until night so i can sleep, yes. >> reporter: residents were told to gather at skyline college tied at noon. their identification was checked and they were given instructions how that i would be allowed back into their neighbo
. >>> good morning. thanks for joining us. i'm carolyn tyler. many san bruno residents will return to their homes for the first time since thursday's tragic fire. they may smell the odor of natural gas as pg&e crews work to restore service. officials held a briefing just a short time ago giving the latest on the situation. san mateo coroner has revised the death toll back to four. six people remain missing and cadaver dogs will resume their search today in the burned out area. tomas ramon joins us with the latest. >> we're here at the shopping center about a mile away from the affected area. san bruno residents got the best news they have had in three days. the city manager connie jackson said many residents will be able to return home today and be able to stay in their homes today, but many others won't be so lucky. >> residents will be returning home after being homeless for three days. they will be returning home devastated by thursday's destruction and fire that destroyed 37 homes. residents will be able to get belongings and clothes that are red-tagged today. what cased the ex
. something i can stretch out on! woman: ooh... that will go with those lamps my mother gave us. or we could get some new lamps. or we could get no sofa. negotiating, eh? you got it! how about a nice home for our tv? how about doors to hide that drive-in theater? how about a cowhide rug? yee-haw! and the snacks? get their own place. let the marathon begin! >> alan: cadaver dogs search the rubble and find three additional victims froms there's devastating explosion and fire in san brown know. -- san bruno. bringing the death toll to seven, and six people are still missing, among them, three members of one family. amy hollyfield talk to the relatives. >> reporter: this is obviously terrible news. but this family tells me, no news is tough, too. the family has known that 82-year-old la von, her 50-year-old son greg, and her 17-year-old grandson will, were missing since the blast happened on thursday night. >> his sister has been going to the -- went to the rec center to find him, and we have been calling the local hospitals. they don't have any listings. >> reporter: officials have said everyon
fragile to be exposed to scenes where their playground used to be. >> reporter: those residents who were green-flagged can stay home. those with yellow flags can only go back and get belong examination wait for further instructions. those residents whose homes have been red-tagged they have to wait until tomorrow. abc-7 news. >> carolyn: as tomas just mentioned residents of the 37 homes destroyed by fire were not allowed to return to their property today. they have been invited to a briefing tomorrow morning at the san bruno senior center next to the city park. the meeting begins at 10:00 in the morning. >>> more now on the latest numbers from the tragedy. san bruno city officials confirmed two of the six people believed to be missing following the explosion have now been located. the official death toll stands at four with four others now listed as missing. the coroner says he is still trying to determine if some of the remains that have been found or human or animal. also today, pg&e confirmed the natural gas trans
-for all of us. >>> good morning everyone. thanks for joining us. i'm carolyn tyler. this sounds too familiar, a natural gas explosion has killed at least two people and leveled part of their neighborhood. it happened in belgium. the explosion sent 17 people to the hospital and leveled at least three homes in the northern part of brussels. witnesses told police they heard a loud blast and then felt the ground shake just before midnight brussels' time. crews have spent more than 12 hours on the scene. >> today is a day off for the cleanup crews in san bruno. work was done in the disaster zone yesterday. 29 of the 35 residents who lost their homes have signed a liability waiver including a guarantee they won't have any out-of-pocket expenses. pg&e says it will ultimately pick up the estimated $60,000 per house. officials hope to have the cleanup work con within four weeks before the rainy season begins. governor swarzenegger discussed the san bruno disaster in his weekly radio address. she promising a full investigation. >> in this case you really have to have a panel. i can't rely on
Search Results 0 to 6 of about 7 (some duplicates have been removed)